The fiction of Jessica A. Weiss comes in all forms-horror, suspense, fantasy, and erotica.

Please leave a comment or send an email
jaweiss@wickedeastpress.com

~*~*~*~

Home of "Fire Your Muse- Writing Prompts"

~*~*~*~
Speculative fiction writer and editor. You can find links to her published work and current projects on the left side of the page.
Also check out the open calls of other small press' here.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Last Week, In Review

Another week and another several thousand words!

NaNoWriMo went a little bit better this week. Most likely because I got out of the house and spent many hours at a coffee shop typing away. Though I am not anywhere near the goal for today (26,372), I am getting there. Currently at 14,067- last week I did 13,829 of that. So this last week has been my best, by far.

On the other hand, I didn't do my daily challenge of 500 words a day, too busy with everything else.

My short story "Scattered Souls" that was published in Shadows and Light has been nominated for an award. Final decision on whether or not it fits into the Heroic Fantasy, is still pending. But its still great that the editor thought enough of it to send it for the Ham Size Fist Award.

I was also accepted into the Fictioneers this week. Which a group, or "club", of fiction writers.

A new project was offered to me, as well. A collaborative zombie novel! There are 14 authors, each will write two chapters. So far there isn't a title, but the first two chapters were written this weekend. I will keep you posted as to title and release date.

Very exciting and rewarding week! Here's to another one just like it, or better.

Happy writing to all of you writers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment