The fiction of Jessica A. Weiss comes in all forms-horror, suspense, fantasy, and erotica.

Please leave a comment or send an email
jaweiss@wickedeastpress.com

~*~*~*~

Home of "Fire Your Muse- Writing Prompts"

~*~*~*~
Speculative fiction writer and editor. You can find links to her published work and current projects on the left side of the page.
Also check out the open calls of other small press' here.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Fire Your Muse- Writing Prompts


Sorry about not posting last week, I was ill and not in the best spirits. To make up for my lapse, I am posting two weeks worth today. May something spark your inner fire.

-I fear that I might....

-The old man in the mirror + innocence lost or abused

-There is a place called home for most people. But not for Sarah, not really.

-Something poisonous has been drunk + a silence + a church

-When the forest wants something, no mortal can resist her.

-Whenever his face enters my memory, I stop and think of what happened + a witchy neighbor + creaky floorboards

-A book that's been read over and over + a womans shattered hopes for love

-A reflection + a mask + broken promises + mythological god/dess

-Mistaken identity + afterward I thought about..

-The solution + in a state of discovery + this is what the neighbors saw

-A year after your death the truth is discovered

-It was as far as I could go, though I knew she wanted so much more

-The explosion had uncovered something ancient and mystifying

-Out of the corner of my eye....

**Prompts collected by me over many years and cut and smushed together to make some new ideas. Artwork is by A.J. my daughter.**

No comments:

Post a Comment