The fiction of Jessica A. Weiss comes in all forms-horror, suspense, fantasy, and erotica.

Please leave a comment or send an email
jaweiss@wickedeastpress.com

~*~*~*~

Home of "Fire Your Muse- Writing Prompts"

~*~*~*~
Speculative fiction writer and editor. You can find links to her published work and current projects on the left side of the page.
Also check out the open calls of other small press' here.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fire Your Muse- Writing Prompts


Where does the time go? Feels like Christmas was only the other day and here we are nearing the end of January! Hope everyone is having a great start to their writing year. Here are some new tidbits for you.

-Did she really want the answers that could be found within her grandmother's steamer trunk?

-She was certain he had died in the accident.

-A bitter wind swept across the frozen lake. Somewhere, out there was the answer.

-I'm sure I've seen them before.

-The doors sway in the pitch dark.

-Assumptions based on an overheard phone conversation.

-When I first told my family about my secret, they didn't believe me.

-They were beautiful and deadly + a masquerade

-My brother and I came in by the old lady's window.

-I could tell the minute I got in the door and dropped my bag, I wasn't staying.

-Every night after lights out in the dormitory, there was a ceremonial story-telling.

-Where were you last night? + a gate + on the other side

-The balloons danced through the smoke.

-She mumbled over breakfast as she thought of her mother's threat.

No comments:

Post a Comment